Maps

free counters

Tuesday 9 December 2014

More on UPS v. MP's


Another example of what has become normal, when MP's are dis-honest, what can we expect from anyone else?


Mike - 
If I were to lie in a court of law, I would go to jail. But it's entirely legal for an MP to lie to Parliament. Doesn't sound right, does it?
I've been highlighting the corruption, greed and hypocrisy in our system for my TV show "The Revolution Will Be Televised" for years. But right now, I’m making a documentary for the BBC about why young people aren’t interested in Westminster politics. We should be able to trust our MPs – but what’s clear to me in making this documentary is that too many people just don’t. Which is why I’ve started this petition.
I'm not launching it as part of a campaign to have this law passed. I want to start a debate about the importance of the truth in politics. If enough of you sign, it will send a message that we have had enough of broken promises, massaged statistics and the double speak we feel we've been subjected to over the years. Today, less than 1 in 4 people trust MPs. This can't go on.  
Next year it's the 800-year anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta - a document that gave birth to the rights and freedoms we enjoy today. Isn’t it time for a new Magna Carta? It would be a Magna Carta 2.0 – including a measure that would make lying in Parliament totally illegal (and maybe have lying MPs thrown to the lions!!!).
Thanks,
Jolyon

No comments:

Post a Comment