Maps

free counters

Sunday 23 December 2012

History Lesson

What happened in UPS just over a year ago?

Nigel Harnell was sacked for failing to stay out until 22.00 to complete his deliveries.
Scott Fowler's words from Nigel's disciplinary.

This was later overturned but only after he had a new job, but was also ill-advised by the now silent union.

What has happened this year? Drivers have had more and more work loaded on them, and under the threat of dismissal have had to work longer and longer. Has this been happening solely at Dewsbury? No. It happens at Leeds and Manchester as well. It probably happens everywhere else but I haven't personally spoken to any of those drivers. It would be interesting to see the same reports that I was looking at towards the end of last year re Tacho's and breaks. Based on the conversations that I have had, rules will still be broken.

Note to VOSA & HSE

I did my best, but once somebody has been killed I don't want to be the one who says "told you"    
But I'm sure you'd still have a happy Christmas. The UK the worst, oh no, that should be least best, just to soften the blow, district in UPS.......I can't think why.

No comments:

Post a Comment