Maps

free counters

Saturday 2 November 2013

Talking about UPS

Whilst travelling around last week, Not only did I have the pleasure of PMQ's, I also had the pleasure of a number of conversations.

Initially there was an expected conversation with the Unite members who were picketing ASDA, oops, given away my location. This failed to happen. As a Unite member (or not), I thought that I would be stopped and asked not to cross the picket line. It could have been an entertaining conversation.

At ASDA I also bumped into an ex-UPS employee. He was going through the court procedure a few years ago following his dismissal, backed by the afore-mentioned Unite. He was being dismissed for following some instructions that he had been given by his Manager. Strangely Unite caved in the day before the court appearance. I wonder what financial incentive could have caused that to happen.

Best conversation was one about the continued bullying within UPS.
This shows how the jungle drums beat throughout UPS drivers, which is why when I was in Leeds (served by drivers working out of Pudsey) I was told about a driver working out of Dewsbury. There are a lot of ex-Dewsbury drivers working out of Pudsey, if you are wondering how the networking happens.
A driver at Dewsbury phoned in sick.
He was then phoned twice by his Manager, Scott Fowler, and bullied into coming to work.

Scott Fowler not doing things by the book? Where have we heard that one before?

There's a example on the right hand side, check out what Scott had to say at Nigel's disciplinary meeting

                                      Nigel's Disciplinary

                                      Click to hear music file (this may still work as a link, if not it's down there under the page views)

UPS know that they can get away with this because the employees are scared of the retribution if they report this, and even if they report, as I have already proven,. the HSE isn't interested. I wonder what financial inducements may have influenced those decisions?





The delay in posting?
Its taken a week to remember all the bits and pieces at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment