Maps

free counters

Tuesday 25 February 2014

UPS flight 1354 v. VOSA

A quote from an earlier post.


The UPS spokesman said "we strongly object to any assertions that UPS crew scheduling was not compliant with FAA rules or was a factor in this accident." He said the crew's schedule also was in line with the agency's impending regulations on pilot rest.
Is this the same UPS that claims to be compliant with rules and regulations in the UK? I have shown the vast number of infringements within the UK, what is to say that UPS don't infringe the FAA rules in the same manner?

This would be the same UPS that continues to allow drivers to infringe the working time agreement. I was talking to a good friend yesterday, I could say who & where but having upset one driver because he thought I was trying to drop him in it, I'd better not say. Re. the other driver, he missed the point that I was making about UPS drivers having to cut corners. He had complained to me about his work load, complained to his colleagues about his workload and also complained to his customers. This from an employee with a vast amount of service and like me has been described as having brown blood.
Anyway, back to yesterdays driver. He started work at 7.45. I spoke to him at 14.05, (i.e. in excess of 6 hours) and he hadn't taken a break. He stated that nothing would be said to him as his DIAD would show that he started driving at 8.35. I bet he'd be upset if UPS paid him 50 minutes short every day.


Just because they operate within the regulations, doesn't necessarily make it right. If drivers and/or pilots are fatigued then they shouldn't be driving/flying. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment