Maps

free counters

Monday 12 May 2014

Hip Op

No not, to quote wiki

Hip hop is a broad conglomerate of artistic forms that originated within a marginalized subculture in the South Bronx and Harlem in New York City among black and Latino youth during the 1970s. It is characterized by four distinct elements, all of which represent the different manifestations of the culture: rap music (oral),turntablism or "DJing" (aural), breaking (physical) and graffiti art (visual). Even while it continues in contemporary history to develop globally in a flourishing myriad of diverse styles, these foundational elements provide stability and coherence to the culture. The term is frequently used mistakenly to refer in a confining fashion to the mere practice of rap music.         

aka crap.

I broke my hip, or rather I had my hip broken.
I was pushed from a moving vehicle (howls of derisive laughter from UPS management)
I initially turned down 2 offers of ambulances, saying that I would walk it off. Fortunately for me, the policeman who had responded, decided that as I was still hobbling around after he had finished taking witness statements, he would take me up to A & E at Dewsbury.
So much for these cops & robbers falling out of moving vans, rolling around, getting up and taking pot-shots.
Having had to wait at Dewsbury for a bed at Pinderfields, I was transferred over there, almost being sent home for the night. Such is the shortage of beds that another patient was sent home at 23.30 & told to be back in the hospital by 7.30. Ridiculous.
Not only that, there are plans to close Dewsbury hospital. Where exactly are they going to put the patients? I know the corridors are wide at Pinderfields, but come on.


I am amazed by the operation.
Done on local anaesthetic, Weds morning, home by Friday night.
All I've got is a sticking plaster about 3 inches long. Remarkable.
Had my stitches out today and there's just 2 incisions and a total of 5 stitches.
When I was told that it was broken I was expecting a pot.
Still got to keep my weight off it for 3 months, and I assume some re-hab after that.

But that's not the reason for my silence.
My post's have dropped on here and I stopped tweeting a few months ago.
I think I've been beaten mentally. In one way UPS have won. My drive and motivation have gone and I've had to go back on the anti-depressants that I had weaned myself off.
Don't worry I'm still in the game, just lacking a bit of fight at the minute.
Maybe this break will give me a recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment