Maps

free counters

Sunday 12 February 2012

More questions for Roger

Roger

Thank you for your e-mail, though it was a little pointless. It was very disappointing to see that there was no content and therefore presumably no progress at all. I take it that this is just another delaying tactic by UPS.

Some of these questions should have had simple Yes/No answers. Has my second grievance been investigated yet? Either it has or it hasn’t.

There was a point 9 on my summary that I omitted & that was racism. See comments made in grievance three.

As there appears to be little or no progress so far, there are a number of other issues and questions that can be investigated.

  • I have an employee who has stated that since I left, Steve O’Donnell has been saying that I did nothing, see point 4 on my summary. This employee states that contrary to my involvement with the employees, the other members of the management team have continued in their old ways of not listening to what employees have to say and also not doing anything for the employees. (See attached photo, 157, of a message from despatch.)
  • I have an employee who states that the attitude of the Management team has not altered since I resigned. Bullying, for example, continues.
  • I have an employee who states that Health and Safety issues continue to be unaddressed, e.g. Tachograph/working time and load issues.
  • I have an employee who states that Steve O’Donnell has said that he can sack any driver that he wants to.
  • I have an employee who states that Steve O’Donnell has said that he should have got rid of me two years ago. Presumably this would be around the time that I was “doing nothing” by raising tachograph and working time issues, when I was showing that UPS were breaking the law. This would also confirm the vendetta that Steve O’Donnell admitted that there was against me. Except that where Steve was trying to blame HR, it was Steve himself who had the vendetta.
  • The fact that I continue to have such a good rapport with the employees, would lead me to think that I had always dealt with employees in an honest and trustworthy fashion and that they continue to trust me now. That cannot be said of the Management team.
  • As Nigel Harnell has been re-instated, I assume that there must be something in the evidence that we provided, to show that the Company were in the wrong over some, if not all, the issues raised in his defence.
  • Integrity issues still continue. NDA’s/Missed, not being declared or correctly accounted for. See attached photo 344, regarding 2 pallets of approximately 70 deliveries that should have been NDA’s.
  • Security, even with a heightened threat, Dewsbury don’t feel the need to lock their gate. See attached photo 350, this continued for several months. 404 is a clearer picture.
  • Vehicle maintenance – Cost cutting means vehicles on road in an unfit condition. Photo 359, and 372 with a door so far out of line it wouldn’t close or lock.

Due to the risk of retaliation I will not name these employees until we go to court.

Health and Safety

As mentioned above and in my grievances, there are Health and safety issues that are not being addressed.
This is taken from the Health and safety poster at Dewsbury. “Your employer has a duty under the law, to ensure, so far as is reasonably practical, your Health, Safety and welfare at work”.

And what of the Declaration of management Commitment?

I commit to making Health and Safety First – Expectation Zero a Personal Value by demonstrating in the following ways; (your Highlights)

  1. I am personally responsible for creating an environment that will support Safe by Choice Not by Chance.
  2. I will not turn the other way when I see an unsafe condition or behaviour.
  3. etc., etc., to point 7

This was a document that we had to sign and display for all employees to see.

These should cover the following issues that have previously been raised.


  • Ignorance of Tachograph and working time rules
  • Poor load quality of vehicles. I have many photo’s if required.
  • Overloading of vehicles. The best example of which is 210 stops on a 70 stop vehicle.
  • Dangerous level of fumes in the warehouse. Unaddressed for several years. Photo Fumes 7

Further to my previous comments on the overloading of vehicles being a contributory factor in the accident figures. Do you think that there is any connection between the high level of accidents and the cost cutting measures of training drivers by making them learn the Space and Visibility habits word for word, parrot fashion, which therefore releases the Supervisors to go on road delivering.

Thank you also for your letter dated 5th February 2012. I would have much preferred the letter to have contained my, still missing, training records, than a letter telling me about MAPP. Maybe you might want to delete me from your mailing list, although I was already beginning to think that you had.

Regds
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment