Maps

free counters

Saturday 13 July 2013

Not only, but also

______________________________________________
From: Watts, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 2:19 PM
To: Akhtar, Mo; Coates, Duncan; Fowler, Scott; Hudson, Roy; Murphy, Moira; Platt, Geoff; Bailey, Mike; Barr, Alex; Broadhurst, John; Jenkins, Tim; O'Donnell, Steve; Sinclair, Peter; Weir, Dean; Whitehead, Mike; Wylie, Alan
Cc: Watts, Richard
Subject: SERIOUS ISSUES
Importance: High


All
Today I have had a difficult situation to deal with due to a team leader deciding not to report 20 PM service failures on the CRS, these were then misreported as missorts the next day on the CRS.
This only came to light when Bill Caplan asked me why we had so many missorts?
As you can imagine I did not enjoy getting back to him with what really happened.

I would like to make it clear to everyone that YOU are responsible to make sure that the information on the CRS is 100% accurate:-

Packages that should have been despatched for delivery and do not leave the building must be reported as AM service failures.
Packages that are not shipped out on the sheduled night are PM service failures, if these were not unloaded the appropriate action needs to be taken and I need to be called and given an explanation.
Missorts are reported as two numbers, domestic and INTL, not one number.

You must personally walk the Centre EVERY day and look for packages that have not been reported correctly and ask questions to see why.

I DO NOT WANT TO WALK INTO ANOTHER BUILDING AND FIND A PACKAGE IN A CONVEYOR CASING, A PACKAGE THAT WAS FOUND AFTER THE FEED LEFT OR PACKAGES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DESPATCHED, THAT HAVE NOT BEEN REPORTED CORRECTLY. I HAVE FOUND ALL OF THESE SCENARIOS OVER THE YEARS AND IT IS ABOUT TIME THEY WERE RESOLVED.

While I am on the subject of service and CRS I would like to remind you all one more time that if you have NDA's I need to know about them BEFORE I read the CRS. I would like you to call me every time you have even one failure and if this call is not made by 1700 I can only assume that you did not know that these NDAs were likely.
I would like a call, NOT CRS and NOT TEXT.

In the last few days there have been numerous occasions of drivers apparently returning to Centres with NDAs without communication with MANAGEMENT to make the decision to fail service. Every time this happens A disciplinary interview must be scheduled af if no valide reasons are given then a written warning is the suggested action.

It is about time we were taken seriously when we ask our people/ drivers to follow certain procedures.

rgds

No comments:

Post a Comment