Maps

free counters

Saturday 15 March 2014

Another if only.....update, updated

“Depression often distorts thinking, making a once-confident person feel insecure, negative and self-loathing,”
said Deborah Serani, Psy.D, a clinical psychologist and author of the book Living with Depression.


I have to agree with that. It also creates anxiety towards things that in the past haven't been an issue.

I was delivering next to the River Aire in Leeds yesterday and found that I couldn't look at the water. There was no danger to me where I was standing, I was a number of feet from the edge, there were railings yet I was looking away and closing my eyes.
Yet, when we go sailing on Windermere, I can stand at the edge of the boat, lean out for the fenders, jump on and off when mooring without any problem. It's strange.
Similarly, I have acquired a fear of heights, again without any reason. When we took the kids up Blackpool tower, I was hanging on to the railings.

My confidence, or decrease in, is documented in my grievance, but how do you get it back. Even simple things become an issue, especially if it something that needs to be done face-to-face. That's one thing about e-mail, in true UPS fashion, was the Managers used to do, you can hide behind it to some extent.

How difficult can it be, armed with plenty of evidence, to walk into a Police Station and report a crime?
Having got as far as the front desk & being given a leaflet on the appropriate procedure, how can filling in an online form be "scary"?

Fear of what?



Anyway, the deed is done, and for those of you who recognise this, you'll know what it is. (the tags might help, as well)

NFRC140300565771

Now what was difficult about that?

Except that If already remembered something that I should have entered.
And my last report wasn't followed up.




As for self-loathing, well that's documented elsewhere.    

No comments:

Post a Comment