Maps

free counters

Thursday 31 July 2014

Glassdoor update


Got me through school

 Part Time Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)  Minneapolis, MN
Pros – You get paid well and the benefits are great. I learned a lot about leadership- mostly what not to do and how to make the most of a poor situation
Cons – The leadership in my experience is poor because no one trusts each other and the system doesn't give enough freedom to lead to supervisors. On the other hand, some supervisors are idiots who would screw up even more if they were given more freedom.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
Why would liars and thieves trust each other?

Great company with poor lower level management

 Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)
Pros – Great employee benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
Culture of promotion from within the organization to fill jobs.
Cons – Poor training of leadership, which leads to poor operational environment.
Even though it is a great company, your experience with it will depends 100% on the managers in direct control of the operation, which more times than not is poor.
Advice to Senior Management – Consider providing more training to supervisors so that they know the right way of doing the job instead of guessing at it. Find better ways of boosting morale for hourly employees, who already make little money and are asked to do the hardest jobs.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

One of the worst companies that I have worked for!

 Air Driver (Former Employee)  Calgary, AB (Canada)
Pros – I was able to get a part-time position but they lied to me about which shift I would be given.
Cons – No communication from management. No transparency. They want to 'watch' and keep tabs on you at all times but we have no idea what goes on in the back offices. They have hidden agenda's. I kept track of my time-sheet information and I feel like I was ripped off at least 15 minutes a week. This adds up... and is not right for a company that is supposed to pay you by the minute. You don't get any say in what route they assign you to and you get moved around a lot.
Advice to Senior Management – You have to have a different mentality to work in Management at UPS. You don't care about people in general. And, most people in management have addiction issues or are sick... too much stress.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Disappointed

 Accountant (Current Employee)  Coppell, TX
Pros – A steady paycheck is about the only thing I see as a pro for the Coppell facility.
Cons – Tenured employees make less than new employees and have a lot more work
They focus on things that have nothing to do with getting work done
This facility wants to bring in extra work but doesn't hire the number of people they need to do the work and pile it on the tenured employees
Advice to Senior Management – You need to quit focusing on hiring kids with degrees that have no intention of staying at UPS and start taking care of those who do all the work who have proven their loyalty.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend


Doesn't look like the Union is too popular either

Teamster Union will screw you over

 Pre-loader Cover Driver (Former Employee)  Pensacola, FL
Pros – Weekly pay and benefits ,
Cons – With the blood sucking leaches "UNION" in the way hard work does not pay off,, Union will bargain your grievance away or trade it for a more important one..
Advice to Senior Management – Stop the BS and threating your cover drivers who file a complaint on you
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend



No comments:

Post a Comment