Maps

free counters

Sunday 22 April 2012

UPS Sunday

It's been raining all day so I took the time to follow up some points from my contact at the paper

Email 1

Hi Georgina

Follow-up to Friday’s call.

This was the reply from CIPD that we spoke about.

I did however receive a letter from CIPD yesterday. One of the questions that it asks is whether any UPS Staff are members of CIPD.

As Roger Mays has failed to answer my e-mail dated 28th March 2012, I cannot answer that question. I have again requested the required details from Roger.

Further contact details for CIPD

Institute Secretary – Marianne Wyles
Secretariat – Alexandra Hackney
e-mail – cipd@cipd.co.uk
Telephone – 0208 612 6200

As requested here are my initial contact details for VOSA, in addition to Paul Walton.

Tracey Collins
Northern Intelligence Co Ordinator
Hillcrest House
386 Harehills Lane
Leeds LS9 6NF
West Yorkshire
Tel: 01132543207
Mobile:07802 671392
E Mail:tracey.collins@vosa.gsi.gov.uk

& for Richard Bedford, UNITE union;

Richard Bedford
Regional Industrial Organiser
UNITE the Union
North East, Yorks & Humber
55 Call Lane, Leeds, LS1 7BW

01132364830
http://www.unitetheunion.org/regions/north_east_yorkshire_and_humb.aspx

I also have information pending from HSE, again, as I receive answers from them I will forward it on to you.

Just to reconfirm, this was the first response from Roger 17th January 2012

“I write further to your recent emails and other correspondence with various members of UPS management (which relates to grievances and issues which you are putting forward). These emails have been forwarded to myself, and I will be your point of contact for any further correspondence going forwards (and as such please do not email or correspond with any other UPS employees from this time on). I am currently reviewing your correspondence, and will be in contact with you further in due course.”

And this was his only other response, 9th February 2012;

“I write further to my email to you on 17 January 2012 to let you have an update. I am currently reviewing the correspondence and related documentation but, as you will appreciate, there is a substantial amount to review and as such, this is taking some time. I am away on annual leave next week, but will write to you further once I return.

Regds
Mike

Email 2

Georgina, just confirmation of the HSE complaint that I mentioned. Details to follow as I receive them.


“Thank you for submitting your complaint to the Health and Safety Executive. If you need guidance on health and safety please visit HSE's webpages at http://www.hse.gov.uk/index.htm.  If you need further advice please contact HSE at complaintsandadvisoryteam@hse.gsi.gov.uk”

Regds
Mike

Email 3

Hi Georgina (again)


Another question you raised on Friday.

Attached is a document re. the Company procedure on grievances.

Whilst quite old, I don’t recall any changes being made to the policy.

Maybe UPS can continue to break the law using paragraph 2.

            The pattern of working existing at the time that the grievance was registered will continue whilst the following procedures are carried out.
No form of corrective action shall be taken by either party until the procedure has been exhausted.

As you commented, these grievances should have been dealt with in a timely manner. (One of my unanswered points to Roger) The maximum time mentioned in the document is 28 days. It is now over 3 months since any significant contact was made by UPS. It is now almost 8 months since my 2nd grievance was submitted. (HR had actually suggested that I shouldn’t submit it at all)

I think that now may have covered everything that we discussed

Regds
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment