Maps

free counters

Saturday 6 October 2012

Employee - Bullied

I have regularly stated that Walter Mitty claimed that drivers chose to work through their breaks. (He never explained why)

Here I will show how you properly train and despatch a driver, so that he can comply with the relevant regulations. Note that it is Walter Mitty himself who was requesting the update.

Dave Dwyer was regularly working through his break.
Every time I spoke to him he stated that he was being over despatched.
Every time he said this I reported back to Steve O'Donnell.
I received the same mantra.....we'll look into it, things are going to change, preload will be accountable.

Note that at this point I hadn't been certified as a trainer as no-one could be bothered coming to do the certification. Not that I'd ever been 340 methods trained in 20+ years as a driver or supervisor.

340 methods involves a ride with the driver for 3 days.

This has to be one of the few times I was able to take the piss.

Dave was fully aware of all the regulations

I was fully aware of what was required to get Dave to be able to be compliant.

We had a conversation before going out on day 1 which was basically, will you be happy with 75 delivery stops on your van and be able to meet tachograph regulations. Yes. Job done. 3 days having a good rapport with Dave. All I had to do was get the commitment from Steve that the van would be loaded correctly. Dave could hit the required productivity targets and he was legal. Job done again. Hence the e-mail below.....




Did it last?

What do you think?

How long before his stop counts went up and he was infringing again?

Answers on the usual postcard, or in the comments box.

Note to UPS. This is why your drivers and employees are pissed off, and that was a comment from a DHL customer when I was asking about their UPS driver. Another long service employee who had brown blood until the Company screwed him over. You see UPS know they've got the employees over a barrel, they get used to the level of pay and can't afford to leave. It is why they are reluctant to complain as well, they know UPS are vindictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment