Maps

free counters

Thursday 24 May 2012

A reply from UPS

Not entirely unpredicted



Roger

May I remind you of the Company Policy?

We Insist Upon Integrity in Our People. We understand that integrity is fundamental to how we run our business and essential to maintain compliance with our policies and legal requirements. Operating with integrity means we provide an atmosphere in which our people can perform their jobs in an ethical manner. We present our company honestly to employees and, in turn, expect them to be honest with us.

& a statement from the CIPD Code of professional Conduct & Competence.

[4.2.1] are required to exercise integrity, honesty, diligence and appropriate behaviour in all their business, professional and related personal activities.

[4.2.2] must act within the law and must not encourage, assist or act in collusion with employers, employees or others who may be engaged in unlawful conduct.

You are one of the UPS people and you are a member of the CIPD (Although you failed to confirm this when I asked).

Do you think that you have complied with either of the above policies?

Have you been honest?

I understand that you believe that my first grievance was dealt with correctly, even though it was based on lies.

I understand that I raised my third grievance on leaving the Company. (The exit interview that I never had, and was never followed up on when I requested one)

However, you have failed to mention my second grievance, which to date remains un-answered. This was raised whilst I was still an employee of the Company.

You have again failed to follow Company procedures on the disciplinary process and have also used delaying tactics. Why has it taken over 4 months to ask a few questions?

You have also failed to answer any of the issues raised in my resignation letter. I even had to ask for confirmation of an acknowledgement.

You have also failed to supply any information that I have requested over the past 5 months.

As you must have investigated all my correspondence professionally, I would like to request copies or at least details, of the statements made by UPS employees during the course of your investigation (internal enquiries). As the response to my first grievance was a pack of lies, false information or choosing not to remember (delete as you think appropriate) I would like to see which UPS employees continue to be dishonest and continue the attempted cover up of the lack of integrity amongst UPS Managers. I would especially like to see Richard Watts’ answer to you, as he had already confirmed to me that I had raised issues about Dean Weir. I would also like to see the answer given by Craig McIntosh. I would also request details of the information, and by whom, given to HSE, in relation to a complaint that I had raised with them. The HSE said issues had been resolved. I would like to know who gave that false information, as the issues still continue.

I would also ask that you cease to use ‘Yours sincerely’ at the end of your correspondence to me. I think the following definition sums up why I think it is very inappropriate.

sin·cere
adj. sin·cer·er, sin·cer·est
1. Not feigned or affected; genuine: sincere indignation.
2. Being without hypocrisy or pretense; true: a sincere friend.
3. Archaic Pure; unadulterated.

As my second grievance is still ongoing I would expect you to behave professionally and respond to this e-mail and withdraw your threat not to write further.

Mike


From: roger.mays@europe.ups.com [mailto:roger.mays@europe.ups.com]
Sent: 24 May 2012 12:01
To: mikewhitehead1@aol.com
Subject: Mike Whitehead

mike

as promised here is my response. a hard copy will be sent to your home address

roger


The response?
Swept under the carpet
I was going to point out the missing capitals, but thought better of it.

1 comment:

  1. I do love your no-punches=pulled approach :)
    What WAS the response anyway?

    ReplyDelete