Maps

free counters

Sunday 13 May 2012

Value of UPS - Mikey's economics lesson

"Mikey wrote"
To continue my earlier post,

I can't find the info, and google doesn't give me a quick answer, but I think that UPS has around 77 billion shares. Currently at a value of $80, that gives a total of $6,160 Billion. Hmm, maybe those figures aren't right.

Mind you, 2011 revenue was $51.1 Billion
Anyway, just think how much a $1 drop in share price would affect the Company, bearing in mind that since Sept the share price has gone up $20.

Now there's a challenge.





Didn't quite get that right, did I

Right. Let's see if I've worked this out right this time.
Market Cap = Value = $73.33bn
Share price = 76.43
Number of Shares = 959,440,010
x $4 (Fall in share price)
= $3,837,760,041

Add 73.33 & 3.8 and that's near enough the $77bn I quoted before.
Mixed up the value with the number of shares.



Just think if I'd been responsible for that 4 point fall



& the target price for the next 12 months is 91, so a good investment, unless you have some inside information which might affect the share price.
Now that's definitely a



No comments:

Post a Comment