Maps

free counters

Thursday 28 February 2013

The DIAD

UPS tweeted about the DIAD this afternoon.
What's that, I hear you say?

UPS will tell you that it is;

Delivery
Information
Aquisition
Device

Guess what !!

I'll tell you something different.

Deliberately
Instigates
A
Delusion

The delusion being that you can't cheat with an electronic device.

Think again.

I showed, and discussed, time and time again that you could cheat with a DIAD. It was common knowledge throughout the UK, and used daily. Having explained to one Division Manager how it was done (Ian Wilson) he later rang to ask me to talk him through it again. You can stop the clock, so that in effect you can be in two places at once and therefore not fail a timed delivery. In other words another way to defraud the customer.

UPS: Ah yes Mr. Customer, you say we failed your delivery by 10 minutes.
Customer: Definitely, it was a very important delivery for a presentation that I was giving. I had to wait until it had arrived before I could start. I demand my money back as per your guarantee.
UPS: I'm sorry Mr. Customer but our electronic records show that it was delivered on time. No refund.

I discussed this on a course with two merkin trainers. They of course denied that this was possible. I explained how it could be done, explained how it had been done and asked for a live DIAD to show them how to do it. The merkins said they would get back to me before the end of the course.

Would you be surprised that they didn't.

Why was this allowed to continue? See above

No comments:

Post a Comment