Maps

free counters

Thursday 19 January 2012

Advice

If you are having a problem at work and want to follow it up officially, make sure that you have plenty of proof.

Do not trust your employer to be honest or accurate.

May sure that you have dated records of your information. As a Supervisor (Ex) I had access to work e-mail & reports. I could e-mail messages to my home address and have a dated record. I have something called cache on my phone, again it gives you dated notes. At worst, record things in a diary, though this could have been written at anytime.

If you look at my Watchdog post Friday 13th, you will see some of the evidence that I have. Some of this is printouts of the UPS Policy book, the Code of Business Conduct, UPS Tachograph manual etc., but there are loads of reports & copy e-mails.

If you know you are being honest and 100% accurate, stick to your guns.

I was so confident on the accuracy of my information I thought that I could do it on my own. Seek help and advice, always have representation, it doesn't have to be an official, just somebody who can verify what has been said.

Scott Adams makes a contribution today -  Informed decision-making comes from a long tradition of guessing and then blaming others for inadequate results.

No comments:

Post a Comment