Maps

free counters

Thursday 12 January 2012

Another UPS Policy

Welcome Mooncat & Roger, happy reading

I was actually looking for something else when I saw this;

From Page 23 of the Policy Book

We are considerate of employees who are leaving us for whatever reason. We know that the goodwill and respect of former employees can be beneficial in future relationships. At the time of an employee's separation from the company, we seek an opportunity to conduct a friendly discussion regarding both the individual’s and the company's views. Such discussions may point out ways in which we could
We Try to Retain the Goodwill of Former Employees.
improve our working environment or the company in general.

That would be the exit interview that hasn't taken place yet. When I mentioned this on my last day, when I was being bollocked for an hour about being disrespectful, I was told it would be done via the post. Guess what? .................................

Even on my final day my Division Manager, and apologies if I've posted this bit on here already, felt the need to spend an hour telling me how disrespectful I'd been at the PCM (Prework Communication Meeting). I'd been asked if I wanted to say a few words, I thanked the drivers for their support over my 10 years as a Supervisor and said that they didn't get the recognition that they deserved. I said that my 20 years with UPS had been a waste of time, bearing in mind that after 20 years I'm not wanted.

My Division Manager's opinion was that I showed a lack of respect, which was pretty rich coming from someone who had failed to turn up for a meeting the previous day and had failed to let me know that it had been cancelled. This was the 3rd meeting that he failed to turn up for, he did of course deny that there were any meetings arranged, even though he had sent me an e-mail with the details on. Considering that I had been dragged before the District Manager (4 levels up), he claimed that the Tachograph Project was neither high profile or important. - What was that about Compliance? Tachographs not important. He then went on to change what I had said about recognition, changing my words to NO recognition, then tried to justify why he thought that UPS gave out too much recognition to the drivers.

I feel another quote coming;
Thomas Carlyle today - The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.

No comments:

Post a Comment