Maps

free counters

Sunday 22 January 2012

& from Denver Brown

                                                Now and Then
     I've been at UPS a long time and you know what...things have changed. They've changed a lot. Sometimes things just happen and when they happen, UPS reacts differently today then they did back when I started. Here are a couple of examples:

  I completed my 30 days probation, when do I reach full pay?
   1980   3 months
   2009   30 months

 I hooked a mirror on a tree branch and cracked it.
   1980   Was told to write it up tonight.
   2009   I meet the safety manager at the exact spot in half an hour, he takes pictures, I'm given a warning letter for an accident.

 I had a COD for $5000 cash only.
   1980   I will carry $5000 cash in my pocket all day and turn it in tonight.
   2009   I will carry ten $500 cashiers check in my pocket all day.

 A customer called in on me and claimed I was rude.
   1980   My manager called them back and told them to use another carrier next time. (There were no other carriers.)
   2009   I was written up, my job was threatened, the company believed the customer more than they believed me.

 My truck didn't get washed last night.
   1980   Take it through the car wash, we never put a dirty truck out on the street.
   2009   We don't wash the trucks every night, shut up and drive.

  I forgot to run a call tag.
   1980   Do it tomorrow.
   2009   I get written up.

 I asked if I could bring my family in to tour the building.
   1980   My boss said it was OK, be careful, have fun.
   2009   Don't even think about it, too risky, someone may get hurt or besides, my family could be a security threat.

 I swing home for lunch for my son's birthday party.
   1980   My boss doesn't care as long as I get my route done.
   2009   I get fired.

 I bring back 20 stops because I was overdispatched.   1980   The manager says to keep quiet about it and do them tomorrow.
   2009   
Upper management is aware of it before the rooster crows and I'm  fired.

 I ask my manager for advice on a company related problem.
   1980   We go in the office and have a heart to heart.
   2009   He can't give me any advice until he checks with his boss who has to check with his boss also.


Echo, Echo, Echo, Echo, Echo

A little something for Nigel there

No comments:

Post a Comment