Maps

free counters

Friday 13 January 2012

Patience

Cue Lou Holtz;

Patience isn't a virtue; it's a necessity.

Being at work 12 hours a day seriously hampered my computer skills.

Back beyond the dawn of time when Lotus was king, I was one of the few at UPS that could use it. From there, lack of time meant a lack of progression (house of) and ( as Forum viewers will know) a lack of  real computer skills.

When I have the time, I can be patient. You may have noticed that I sat in a disciplinary for a driver just before Christmas. Merry Christmas, you're sacked, aka summarily dismissed. As my shorthand is worse than my computer skills I decided to record the second part of the disciplinary, as I couldn't keep up. Now, as I didn't delare that I was doing this, my recording is inadmissible as evidence, (my notes are accurate though) But, as I expect there to be a denial that the Manager involved said that drivers should stay out until 22.00 if necessary, and it isn't in the Company's notes of the meeting. Me against thee can be proved.

I almost woke the kids when I played the recording back on Christmas eve and realised what I'd got. To be followed by chin hitting floor as my media player refused to play the file. It's taken some time but I've finally downloaded a program that will actually convert the file, rather than saying that it will convert the file, and having jiggered and poked in Audacity, having located the right additional files, have now got a little clip of exactly what we need.

In fact, here it is and just like FFTCM you can't listen to it because it doesn't exist


OK, still a novice.You can't listen to it yet, haven't worked out how to load the audio file rather than a vid



No, that doesn't work either.
Patience Michael, Patience.

Here we go, Plan C, Part 4, Para vi, section a


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment