Maps

free counters

Monday 10 September 2012

DeeExpus & Manning

Another gig at the Duchess in York.
It's such an easy venue to get to for me. (Now I know where it is)

What an absolute bargain. 2 bands for 8 quid. And that's 2 very decent bands.
Might have heard the odd track by DeeExpus on Dead Nobodies but other than that don't really know anything about them.

Had a bit of a crisis before setting off. Mandy's tank had a flat battery, which had to be sorted at the drop of a hat. Even though I'd put my ticket (booking confirmation) in my pocket, had a bit of a panic when I convinced my self that I'd forgotten it, when halfway to York. Still managed to arrive in time for the, doors 7.00, for a 7.30 prompt start. Doors were still closed at 7.30. Did give me a chance to talk to Cecil B de Fogey and Cameron, a pleasure again. It was a little disconcerting that as the doors opened we were about half of the queue. DeeExpus kicked off the evening, not knowing anything by them I think they followed their set list which was, according to the set list;

Intro
Downfall
The King Pt 1
Marty
Greed
Memo
Maybe September
PTTEE

and an excellent set it was. A few technical problems  but the band battled through with good humour. Hope that gets everything out of the way for the Marillion tour

Manning were brilliant again. Third time that I've seen them in the last few months, which is a record for me. I've seen a couple of gigs from the same tour before, Hawkwind and Squeeze to name a couple. Fortunately I don't think Mandy's twigged that I've just seen the same band 3 times. Mind you Mandy and the kids have just had an extra week in Spain, so she can't really complain, but will. Also doubled my Manning collection, which cost me more than the gig, parking and beer,and was still a bargain.

Not sure of the set list, but the ones that I recognised, or were introduced, were;

Charlestown
Margaret Montgomery
Revolution Road
Lost In Play
Antares

& maybe Clocks at the end,or maybe not
Of course, being a compulsive liar the gig is a complete figment of my imagination. No photos, no gig.

What ??? I've already posted the pics? It must have happened then.

No comments:

Post a Comment