Maps

free counters

Thursday 6 September 2012

UPS Fraud

I gave you one way that UPS defrauds its customers, by scanning time critical deliveries as closed, when the driver hasn't even left the building, let alone got anywhere near the actual premises.

Here is another way that they avoid refunding money on failed deliveries.

As with timed deliveries, most UPS services are now guaranteed. I.E., if it fails you get your money back.

So, if your premises are closed when the driver tries to make a delivery, an attempt has been made and therefore the guarantee has been maintained. It only failed because you the customer were not open. A legitimate reason you may say. I agree.

However, what if the driver is over-despatched (what at UPS?) and doesn't complete all his deliveries? Or has a breakdown? Or gets stuck in traffic? I'm sure you can guess what is coming. The driver scans his remaining deliveries as closed. No-one is the wiser, unless the Company happened to be open, and was expecting the delivery. The sender will rarely complain, as long as the scan is late on, as the sender will not know what time the receiver closes.

Bingo, it looks like an attempt has been made, therefore no money back as per the guarantee.

I have sent details to D. Scott Davis and Roger Mays so they can verify or deny my claims, to date, no answer. But I did say that they'd blocked my e-mails didn't I. Maybe I should go through UPS's solicitors

No comments:

Post a Comment