Maps

free counters

Monday 10 September 2012

Lisa Bradshaw (CIPD Member)


Hi Lisa
 
I have today received my training records in an envelope dated 9th January 2012. It is of little surprise to find that the sum total of my 20 years training is 7 pieces of paper. What is a surprise, is the content of those 7 pieces of paper that have been sent out to me.
 
2009 - Focus on Compliance Training
2007 - Focus on Compliance
2007 - Corporate Compliance Anti-Corruption Program Certification Questions
2005 - Anti-Corruption Compliance
Undated - Anti-Trust Compliance
Undated - Insider Trading

Five out of these six records include the word Compliance. This would imply, although I know that this isn't true, that virtually the only subject that I have received any training for is Compliance. Bearing in mind the content of my three grievances, I would not have expected to have received this level of confirmation of my Compliance training. Presumably there is this level of paperwork for every Management person in the Company, although I note that there are several years paperwork that are missing.
 
Where are my other training records?
You have confirmed that I do not have a file at Dewsbury. Is this what Scott Fowler is implying that I stole from the Personnel Records? (As per the notes & appendices, undated, given to me at the start of my grievance meeting - MW had asked to see the file held at Dewsbury and that subsequently it either went missing or items previously contained in it went missing - Appendix 8, which was not attached to the paperwork) What did go missing? Was it all or was it part? It's not clear.
 
Even if I had stolen my own Personnel file when Scott Fowler was at Dewsbury, (Why? Still springs to mind) where are all the other records from after that date? Have I stolen those as well? It would be impossible for me to steal these, as the Personnel Files have been locked whilst Steve O'Donnell has been Manager.
 
Where are my Aviation Security training records? I am currently trained to level G and have in the past been a level 3 trainer. My Aviation Security training has, to the best of my knowledge, never expired, so where are all the other Aviation Security records? The most recent course that I went on was at Gatwick in April 2010 (Craig McIntosh can verify that)
 
Other training records that come to mind;
 
Updated DfT training 15th April 2011
ISAT
Safe Work Methods
Space & Visibility (Annual & as a trainer)
340 Methods (Annual & as a trainer)
Tachograph (Annual & as a trainer)
DIAD training
Computer Training
Counselling & Discipline
ROAD
DOF/LEAD
Dangerous Goods
QIP
SEAS
GTS
PCR
BEQ
Locked Car
Anti Harassment
Equal Opportunities
& I'm sure that there will be a host of other records that I haven't thought of.
 
Something else that was in my file, and the files were unlocked, so I wouldn't have had to ask to see what was in there, was a letter to Karl McGuinness, which whilst not an official grievance, per se, did detail some of the integrity issues that were happening at Dewsbury. Bearing in mind I have a copy of that, why would I need to steal the Company's copy? Isn't it more likely that it has 'disappeared' to cover the integrity issues that I raised?
 
With regard to Integrity. Did I fabricate all the e-mails that were attached to my first grievance? The proof that I had reported issues in the past.
 
Two and two says that the missing training records are all the records that I might require for a potential employer, as proof of the work that I have done over the last 20 years.
 
Integrity training within UPS is meaningless, given this issues that I have highlighted.

Is Cindy denying that she accused me of threatening the Company at the meeting on 20th October 2011 and that I was questioning her intelligence if I expected her to believe otherwise? My initial contact with VOSA was prior to 20th October 2011, as per an attachment to one of the e-mails, so it cannot have been a threat that I was going to do something.
 
What is the definition of formal? It was a meeting at a pre-arranged time and date, so not ad hoc. I was assigned a Tachograph project. How was that an informal meeting? It certainly wasn't a cozy chat over a cup of coffee. It was, in my opinion, designed to be a very intimidatory meeting with one Supervisor up against his Centre Manager, Division Manager, UK & Ireland Operations Manager & District Manager. How ethical was that?
 
Regds
Mike
 
-----Original Message-----
From: lxbradshaw <lxbradshaw@ups.com>
To: mikewhitehead1 <mikewhitehead1@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 16:53
Subject: RE: Loose Ends

Hello Mike,
 
I can advise that the training records held centrally in your HR file at UPS House will be posted to you today 1st class.  There are no local training records held in Dewsbury. I have also contacted the safety department and if further documentation is received from them I shall forward in due course.
 
In relation to minutes of the meeting of 20th October 2011 I can advise that as this was not a formal meeting, which only lasted approx. 5-10 minutes, no official notes were taken.  I can however advise that I understand the key points discussed were as follows:
 
·         It was clarified to you that the company was working proactively to improve tachograph controls and was in contact with the DFT to move this forward.
·         You were assigned a tachograph project to work on during your notice period and would report the results directly to Craig McIntosh, Division Manager.
 
Kind regards,
Lisa
Lisa Bradshaw
Workforce Planning Supervisor
Eastern Avenue, Team Valley Trading Estate
Gateshead, NE11 0UX
United Kingdom
Mobile: +44-(0)777-5705709 Decision GreenSM Consider the environment before printing this e-mail. UPS. WE ♥ LOGISTICS UPS Ltd. Registered Office: UPS House, Forest Road, Feltham, Middlesex TW13 7DY. Registered No. in England 1933173 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in and accompanying this communication maybe privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies immediately.
 
From: Mike Whitehead [mailto:mikewhitehead1@aol.com]
Sent: 03 January 2012 18:17
To: Bradshaw Lisa (LMM6LXB)
Subject: Loose Ends
 
Lisa
 
One or two things that need tying up.
 
It was disappointing to have received no response from the Company in relation to the following;
  1. To cover the shortfall in driver numbers at Dewsbury
  2. Take the Tachograph project to the MHN Centres
To date there has been no written response to my second grievance
To date there has been no written response to the BQA questionaire
To date I have not received the notes from the intimidatory meeting on 20th October 2011 with Cindy Miller, Tony Colaizzo, Craig McIntosh & Steve O'Donnell, as requested.
To date there has been no exit interview conducted, nor was there any effort to keep me at the Company after 20 years service.
To date I have not received any copies of my training records that I requested.
 
 
Further to my letter of resignation. I will be submitting a further grievance with more details of bullying and compliance issues.
 
Regds
Mike
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2178 / Virus Database: 2437/5103 - Release Date: 06/30/12

No comments:

Post a Comment