Maps

free counters

Saturday 1 September 2012

The Marsh Missive

Nigel Marsh

The only man in UPS with the balls to admit that I had actually made contact with him. (Except Richard Watts, but that was one to one after my first grievance)

However he denied that he could remember what the details were, or that we had a meeting arranged that he failed to turn up for. Not that he cancelled it either.

Nigel, here's a reminder

From:   Marsh Nigel (MYY5NXM) 
Sent:   Monday, September 24, 2007 9:03 AM To:     Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW); Stone Howard (EUR1HZS) Subject:        RE: Clarification
Mike Thank you for raising these issues. The integrity of our operations and reports is of vital importance. As such, I will be in touch with you this week to arrange a f/up discussion with myself and Scott Fowler. I will try and adjust my planner to be in DY on Wednesday.
Rgds Nigel
_____________________________________________
From:   Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW) 
Sent:   Friday, September 21, 2007 6:46 PM To:     Marsh Nigel (MYY5NXM); Stone Howard (EUR1HZS) Subject:        RE: Clarification
Nigel It's an integrity issue, or issues You might want to get some background from Howard first. There are centre boards going out on road, not Dewsbury There are drivers going out and collecting without a board Sub-contract volume being added to drivers boards 2 drivers using one board
All these practices have been acceptable over the past few years. I have recent examples of most of these events continuing at Dewsbury since I spoke to Howard in March.
This was incidently the last time he spoke to me, other than a call to ask for Scott Winfield's phone number and an e-mail re the work I did in relation to the dismissal of Anthony Martin (Apple theft).
Another instance that I raised with Howard was the centre boards that are appearing on the left at report. He never responded to this.
If you look at todays report, for example, there are 2 centres at the bottom with left at's on their centre board, If I recognise the SLIC's correctly, Dublin & Shannon. There are many other centres that have appeared on here, and these are only the boards with left at's on them. I'm sure that there are plenty more.
Howard, as a reminder. If you cast your mind back to the March Business Review meeting, you might remember that Duncan asked me to see you after the meeting regarding the annual pay review. (Confirmation of which you have still not sent, despite reminders (un-answered)). Following the announcement of my pay increase you may remember that I expressed my disappointment at the increase compared to other members of staff. I have still not had any follow up to this meeting. We discussed the amount of work that I had done last year, bearing in mind that Duncan, Carl & Dean were absent from the centre for long periods of time. We discussed the Balanced  Scorecard results and the QPR results. We also discussed some integrity issues in relation to Dean Weir. I informed you that these had been raised over the years with different managers and were still occurring. I gave you a specific example of an instance which occurred while Carl was Centre Manager, according to Carl you never followed this up with him. Your only response to the pay issue was that I earned more than Dean. Your answer to the integrity issues was, get over it.
This is not an issue about money, per se, it’s about principles, and being sent to Coventry for speaking out about Dean.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment