Maps

free counters

Monday 3 September 2012

Unite-The Union & UPS

It has been suggested to me that Unite the Union are in the pocket of UPS (see previous posts for details)
I'll let you decide.

Although there are no dates on these they are in chronological order.

I am shocked to read this e mail. UPS are suspending drivers all over the country for taco infringements, when clearly this all stems from the top. What is going on ?
RDGS
ALBERT GRAHAM
convenor

if the contents of your email are true about Nigel and the company failing in its duty to accept a grievance then this is a clear breach of abuse of the contract of employment. I have asked that this email be forwarded to our solicitors because clearly when Nigel was dismissed the company have not even bothered to follow its own process, Completely disgraceful.
RDGS
ALBERT GRAHAM
convenor

Mike
have passed on all the paper work to Richard Bedford the unite officer at Leeds, he has or will be writing to you in due course. Have you thought about sending the grievances to corporate in the usa, just that I spoke to Tony Collazio and he thinks you have already left the building, just a thought.
RDGS
ALBERT GRAHAM
convenor

having spoken to someone quite high up, think you should be launching a claim for constructive dismissal, could see you winning that one,
 
I wish you well.
please use this email address .
speak soon
Rdgs
ALBERT GRAHAM
 
 
From Richard Bedford
I am in receipt of your grievance letter which was sent to me by UPS, Unite National Convenor, Albert Graham with a request for representation if you need it.
 
Therefore I can confirm I will be able to represent you, but would ask that you give me a call at your earliest opportunity with the date and time of the hearing.
 
Mysteriously my membership forms and paperwork disappear, Maybe I stole them as per Dr. Fowlers previous suggestion
 
Albert clearly remembers when my paperwork was submitted
Mick
 
I had a call from Richard Bedford on Friday, he tells me that you don't appear on his membership list, I on my behalf have submitted your form a couple of months ago, even so Richard it seems cannot represent you, firstly you have to be a member and to gain the use of a solicitor from memory you to have been a member for 13 weeks. Can I suggest you ring Richard or his secretary and speak to him.
Rdgs
ALBERT GRAHAM.
 
 
Hi Richard
As per my phone call today.
I believe that my initial contact with Albert was at Kevin Gowen's disciplinary on 23rd June 2011 when we had a brief chat about my circumstances. Albert suggested joining the Union on this date. I had a couple of meetings with HR when I was advised to seek legal help. As far as I can work out, I would have given the forms to Paul Regan on a date when both Albert & Paul were in Dewsbury together. I'm not sure what the circumstances were for this date. I don't have an exact date but it would have been between my initial talks with Hewison & Nixon, Solicitors, at the end of August and submitting my grievance on 16th September. It is probable that it would have been before the 9th September as I had a preliminary conversation with Steve O'Donnell about resigning.
Hope this helps
Regds
Mike
 
 
Mike
hello, yes as far as I am concerned it has been sorted, you were put into a branch down in the midlands, they should have the details in Leeds know.
Rdgs
ALBERT GRAHAM.
 
And all of a sudden

 
Dear Mr Whitehead
 
I am aware that you are requesting representation from Unite on an issue which led to your resignation from UPS on the 23rd December 2011.
 
On receiving your request I looked for your membership details, which I could not find on our system.  On contacting you, you stated that you had not yet paid any contributions to membership despite handing your forms to the union representatives on site.
 
You will be aware that it is your responsibility to make sure contributions are being paid and the fact that they have not obviously signifies that you are not a member of Unite.
 
Therefore, I am unable to represent you on this occasion as you are not in compliance with your contributions, that is having 13 weeks membership paid in full.
 
I can sympathise with your situation but have to advise on how the union operates within its rulebook.
 
You are of course free to join at any time in the future and can now do so online at www.unitetheunion.org
 
Yours fraternally
 
Richard Bedford
 
Strangely, or not, there has been no response to any correspondence sent to Richard Bedford.
Albert Graham was going to be in touch, but that was weeks ago.
 
From my good self, and I didn't get a reply to this one either
 
It is no surprise that you have failed to reply or take any action.

I thought that this might have given you some strength to put behind your members, but as the infringements continue, you’ve turned a blind eye as well.

These are the thoughts of some of your current members in UPS

and left message saying that I along with other drivers believe the union is corrupted like UPS as we believed they are taking payments from UPS to push things through,”

Mike

From: Mike Whitehead [mailto:mikewhitehead1@aol.com]
Sent: 28 June 2012 20:53
To: Albert Graham; Albert Graham; Bedford, Richard; john.boodle@europe.ups.com; Len McCluskey
Cc: 'Mike Whitehead'
Subject: FW: UPS

All

It is very disappointing the Union gives the impression that it is not bothered about the issues that I have raised.

You seem happy to allow your members to be bullied, harassed and intimidated.

You also seem happy to allow UPS to infringe Tachograph & Working Time regulations in its abuse of your members.

As you have failed to respond to my recent e-mails I don’t expect a reply to this e-mail either, but by failing to act appropriately you are also complicit in UPS’s actions

Regards

Mike Whitehead
 
Do we think someones getting a backhander?

5 comments:

  1. Constructive Dismissal Grievance Letter contain the details about company policies.


    Constructive Dismissal Grievance Letter

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Grievance Letter letters will give the clear information and company rules for the employ.



     Grievance Letters 

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for %keyword%

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel this is among the so much important information for me. And i am glad studying your article. However want to observation on few common issues, The web site style is perfect, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Just right job, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity for your put up is just great and i could suppose you are knowledgeable in this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete