Maps

free counters

Sunday 5 August 2012

Compliance & Ethics - UPS Style

Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)
Wed 17/08/2011 11:16
RE: Update

Chris
You will see that there is a vast discrepancy between what I put in my grievance and the notes that were given to me at the start of the grievance.
The retaliation from previous Managers is the implication that I stole something from my own personnel file and that I am a compulsive liar.
I assume from the follow up letter that my grievance is closed, though it doesn't actually say that.
 
Since I raised my grievance, my performance has suddenly, after 20 years, been questioned, I will forward an e-mail that I sent to Lisa Bradshaw about this.
Steve O'Donnell raised the issues and said that there would be a meeting with Lisa. 3 weeks down the line this hasn't happened.
Last night Steve had some similar points to make, Implying that I was avoiding training which isn't true.
I was asked what I
had to do for 340 certification. My answer was that the Company has to stop cancelling the certification rides. I have lost count how many rides have been planned and then cancelled. Has Steve even started his own 340 methods certification? I was asked what I
had to do for S & V certification. My answer was the Company has to train me. I was asked what I
had to do for SWM certification. My answer again was that I had nevr been SWM trained and that the Company needed to arrange the training. I have a document that is "work in progress". I will send it to you so that you can have a look at what some of my counter claims are. If the original grievance didn't have sufficient information in it to prove that I was being 100% honest, then there is more information in this one.
The e-mail is too big to send the documents with it. I will send them separately
Regds
Mike
 
_____________________________________________
From: Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:11 PMTo: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)Subject: RE: UpdateMike,
I have gone thru the documents. What is the status of the grievance (open/closed)?
I checked your case in the UPS Help Line and it was closed. However, retaliation because of your grievance is a new issue and will be investigated. Please provide details, please be specific, of names and instances where you felt you were being targeted because you filed a grievance.
Also, I am just the facilitator not the investigator. I gather the initial information, determine if an investigation should be conducted and pass on to someone to complete the investigation if necessary. When the investigation is complete I review the results, and we determine if the matter should be closed. Anytime an employee feels they are being retaliated against there will be an investigation.
You can also call me at the below contact information.
Rgds,
Chris
Christopher Robbins
UPS Compliance and Ethics
404-828-7858
cdrobbins@ups.com
 _____________________________________________
From: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:48 AMTo: Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)Subject: FW: UpdateChris
This is the grievance that I submitted.
This is the document that was given to me at the start of the grievance.
<< File: Notes & Appendices.pdf >>
Regds
Mike
______________________________________________
From: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:12 AMTo: Bradshaw Lisa (LMM6LXB); Marchant Chris (UKG2CXM)Subject: Update<< File: Grievance update.doc >>

& also to Chris Robbins
Sat 09/07/2011 18:43


Mike,
A case has been opened and sent to EMEA. Nothing has come back to me for review yet.
Rgds,
Chris
_____________________________________________
From: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 8:19 AMTo: Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)Subject: RE: UpdateChris
Is there any update?
Regds
Mike
_____________________________________________
From: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:39 AMTo: Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)Subject: FW: UpdateChris
This is the grievance that I submitted.
This is the document that was given to me at the start of the grievance.
<< File: Notes & Appendices.pdf >>
Regds
Mike
______________________________________________
From: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:12 AMTo: Bradshaw Lisa (LMM6LXB); Marchant Chris (UKG2CXM)Subject: Update<< File: Grievance update.doc >>

Original contact from Christopher following my BEQ

From
Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)
Sat 11/06/2011 16:21
BEQ Open Calls - Whitehead

Michael,
Thank you for recently completing the Business Ethics Questionnaire (BEQ). I am the UPS Project Manager in the Atlanta Corporate Compliance and Ethics group responsible for our Business Ethics Questionnaire (BEQ) and I am following up with you because of the answers and comments you provided to questions 22 and 25 below. Please provide more information and specifics so that we can determine the best route of the investigation and what department to assign. Your responses will be kept as confidential as possible.
Please let me know if you would be more comfortable speaking with me over the phone, just provide your number and a good time to call. I look forward to your response.
Thanks,
Chris
 
Christopher Robbins
UPS Compliance and Ethics
404-828-7858
cdrobbins@ups.com
 
Question #: 22

Question: Do you know of any situation where a UPS employee has been discouraged from using or retaliated against for using the UPS Help Line, the Open Door Policy or any other means of communicating concerns to the company?
Answer: Retaliation appears to be happening to me following my recent grievance
Question #: 25

Question: Have you violated or are you aware of any violations of the UPS Code of Business Conduct or any other Compliance and Ethics related policies and programs?
Answer: See my recent grievance

Found a bit more

Chris
It's a combination of the two.
I was told issues from the original BEQ questionnaire would be sorted and I expected that this is what would happen.
It soon became obvious that issues were continuing, so although the original complaint may have been closed off it is partly a new concern and partly a continuation of the old one.
I had a grievance meeting with Chris Marchant and Lisa Bradshaw 2nd February 2011.
I was unhappy with the outcome and also with some of the counter allegations that Company employees made in their defence.
Since my grievance, there are suddenly issues with my work which have never occurred in my 20 years service. It looks to me as if I'm being targetted.
I am currently compiling a response to the grievance hearing based on documents that I have, that will prove that my original statements were true.
Regds
Mike
_____________________________________________
From: Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)

Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 11:10 PMTo: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)Subject: RE: BEQ Open Calls - WhiteheadMike,
Please let me know if this is a new concern, or is it the same one you entered in the 2010 BEQ. If it is the same as the one entered last year, has the issue been closed or is it still ongoing? Has it been addressed.
This will help me in assigning the concern for follow up.
Thanks,
Chris
_____________________________________________
From: Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 5:52 AMTo: Robbins Christopher (HJJ4CDR)Subject: RE: BEQ Open Calls - WhiteheadChristopher
You may want to speak to Lisa Bradshaw & Emma O'Toole re. my grievance
Let me know what their response is and if you need any more information.
I was also contacted by Randy Grimes re. previous BQA responses
Regds
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment