Maps

free counters

Saturday 4 August 2012

The diagnosis of Dr. Fowler

The 2nd book of grievance again, verse 23

Regarding Scott Fowlers comments about the theft of a file.

Do I steal from the Company or does the Company steal from me. I have a contract that says I work 37.5 hours. That I am required to work additional hours as may be necessary for the proper performance of my duties. Is it right and fair that this is a minimum of 2.5 hours every day? You may say yes.  But there’s a contradiction. No smooth only rough, take, take, take. Every week in my 11 years a s a supervisor I have worked over 37.5 hours, come rain, come shine, come snow, some fog etc ., etc. Is there any additional recompense? No. There will be no additional payments for hours worked in excess. We work on Saturdays. Any recompense? No. We work on Bank Holidays, any recompense? No. Yet when I was caught in Spain by the volcanic ash cloud, I was deducted a week’s wages. Fair?  On the day I was asked if I wanted the time as unpaid, or out of the next year’s holiday, (against procedure). I worked for 13.5 hours. Fair and ethical? Again it’s the hypocritical principles.

Continuing further reading from verse 2 of the 2nd grievance

Point 5 – As above. I agree there was never a formal grievance. I trusted my managers to sort out the situation. What exactly is Scott Fowler’s point? To me the implication is that I stole the file.

Now I’m a compulsive liar and I stole a file

It is strange that Scott can remember this ‘incident’, yet he can’t remember anything about any integrity issues at Dewsbury. It is also strange that if I stole something, nothing has ever been said to me. Which makes it even stranger that Scott is able to remember this. This is the first time that this has been said to me. If I stole it and it’s clear in Scott’s mind, where is the documented evidence? Surely theft is a serious integrity issue. Is Scott saying that he turned a blind eye to this? If he did this, why did he do it?
It is odd then, given the fact that I stole this file, that in my 2007 Quality Performance Review approved by Scott Fowler, signed by me on 30th January 2008 that Scott gives 5 out of 5 for the question ‘Is honest in interactions with others’

No comments:

Post a Comment