Maps

free counters

Sunday 5 August 2012

UPS don't retaliate & Some info on breaks


Red crayon wasn't in the original


-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Whitehead <mikewhitehead1@aol.com>
To: UKG6SXO <UKG6SXO@europe.ups.com>
CC: ukg0cdm <ukg0cdm@europe.ups.com>; eotoole <eotoole@ups.com>; lmm6lxb <lmm6lxb@ups.com>
Sent: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:35
Subject: Dewsbury Problems

Steve
Not being a slave to e-mail or texts, I haven’t seen a response to my Dewsbury problems e-mail, and I’m not sure when I will be given a chance to read my e-mails.
You did however put the comments about the problems at Dewsbury being down to Dan & I, and also the comments about a lack of support into the public domain by using your minions to convey your message.
I’m sorry, I didn’t put much thought into my e-mail. Please accept my apologies. I think, though, that I have sussed it out.
Let’s rule a few things out first regarding the lack of support.
It can’t be the early starts
It can’t be working through our dinner breaks, even when out on road.
It can’t be the late finishes.
It can’t be being on call all day on Saturday 11th June with no call back saying stand down.
It can’t be going to Tamworth on Sunday 12th June.
It can’t be for using my own personal phone for the Company.
It can’t be for dealing with the endless driver complaints and queries, now that you are unavailable.
It can’t be for cancelling Doctors appointments.
It can’t be for working with a sick note.
It can’t be for cancelling Dental appointments.
It can’t be for attending school sports days
It can’t be for doing any school runs this school year.
It can’t be for attending school swimming galas.
It can’t be for taking coffee breaks.
It can’t be for taking cig breaks.
It can’t be for sitting around playing with my phone.
So what could our lack of support relate to?
It must be the lack of support that we gave you with your agreement to a ridiculous Stops per car figure.
It is this figure that is the root cause of the problems at Dewsbury. How many times have you repeated your mantra, “the figures are the figures”?
Dan & I spoke to you when you first showed us the figures.
Dan & I spoke to you when we did the training plans for the year, 4th January 2011.
Dan & I have spoken to you many times since. Yet you continued with “the figures are the figures” How many times have I given you my take on the figures? 6 stops per driver short, 40+ drivers on road, 240 stops short = 3 drivers. That's supervisors and a trainer working on "the problems at Dewsbury" instead of being on road delivering.
Whilst I may be history at Dewsbury, Dan should be the future. This is a distinct lack of support for Dan. You have stabbed him in the back accusing him of being responsible for the Dewsbury problems.
You appear to be picking fault in many things that I do. (I have my own theory why). I would strongly recommend that you do not drag Dan into your personal vendetta against me. Unless, of course, you are penalising him for grassing on your mole.
You raised a number of points over 6 weeks ago, on Thursday 2nd June (Just 2 days after you denied that there was any conspiracy going on). At this meeting you threatened a meeting with Lisa Bradshaw. To date this has not happened. Why?
Discussed;
CDP
S & V certification
340 methods certification
Dwyer disciplinary
You had several go’s at me regarding the X-Ray operation.
1 – Being in the cage. The list of authorised personnel was on the inside. How could I have seen the list without going inside the cage. How did I know that I wasn’t allowed in, as I’m level G.
2 – As I pointed out to you when we went outside the cage, the sign on the outside said, during the air sort, which wasn’t happening at the time you had asked me to supervise the Alert man. You said that the sign was wrong. My fault?
3 – You repeatedly insisted that I had allowed the Alert man on site without signing him in. When I asked the Alert man if I had let him in, in front of you, he said, no, a guy with a black shirt. I was wearing a light brown UPS polo shirt. If this was so important when you thought that it was me, then why when I followed this up with you the following morning had you done nothing to trace the culprit. It wasn’t difficult, there was only one person in a black shirt.
You had a go last Tuesday about not filling in the black folder. When have I been in or had time to be able to deal with anything?
You had another go last Wednesday, despite the fact that I had been on Jez Peel’s run.  You were happy to ignore the fact that I said I hadn’t had a break. I did 79 delivery stops against Jez’s optimum figure of 72 delivery stops.  That’s 109.7% effective, and  don’t give me any crap about hitting 8 hour plans and over and under times. I had a planned day of 9.84 (out of range) and I came back at 16 over plan. This is why you find it acceptable for Jez to take his lunch break at the end of the day, and why you have allowed this to continue for over 2 years.
Mon Jez Peel’s run.              70 v. 72                       97.2% effective
Tues Jez Peel’s run.              81 v. 72                       112.5% effective
Weds Jez Peel’s run.            79 v. 72                       109.7% effective
Thurs. Pete O’Hara’s run     75 v. 69                       108.7% effective
Fri. Pete O’Hara’s run          73 v. 69                       105.8% effective
107% effective for the week and you think I have time to deal with the issues in the black folder.
How many times have I spoken to you over the last few months about being over despatched? Nothing changes.
To every point you have made, I believe that I have given you a justifiable answer.
Is this why you have failed to follow up with the meeting with Lisa Bradshaw?
I am still waiting for this meeting to take place. In fact, I asked Lisa for some time with her when she comes down to Dewsbury. I have plenty of things that I want to discuss with her.
What has changed since approx. 9.30 2nd February 2011, when you said that you had no problems with my work?
I submitted a grievance
I view this as retaliation, whether it is from you, or someone else pulling the strings.
You now appear to have stopped talking to me. Using your minions to convey your messages.
Had you had the courtesy to phone me on Tuesday I could have told you that I thought the meeting with Emma was next week. Instead I had several people, none of whom would have done the plan for the following day, telling me I had a meeting with HR re. BEQ issues. I assumed that they had mixed it up with the Matt Gale meeting/training.
How did you expect me to know that meeting with Matt had been cancelled if you didn’t communicate this to me?
How would I have known that Matt was coming up on Tuesday if you didn’t tell me?
Why was I planned out on road on Tuesday if Matt was coming up?
You also failed to tell me that Tuesday’s visit had also been cancelled.
No, you communicated by trying to have another go on Wednesday night, after you’d stitched me up with your lack of communication. How could I go to Leeds and do the level 2 audit or go and collect from Farnell’s when you kept me hanging around the centre until 13.00, & even then you didn’t have the courtesy to speak to me.
Both you & Dan were in the centre yesterday afternoon when I had a puncture. Why didn’t either of you come out to help? Why, with a 111/2  hour day without a break, did I get a message to stay out? You could have given the personal touch and phoned me, It’s not as if I was driving anywhere. Instead a command over the DIAD.
Just like integrity the more we talk (or dont) about things, the more it's a smokescreen for not doing it
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment