Maps

free counters

Thursday 2 August 2012

The Gospel according to Richard Watts

Or an investigation Mikey style. Of course this never took place, but it should have.

MW. Richard, Mike Whitehead has raised a grievance about integrity issues within UPS. He says that he reported it to you.

RW. I am choosing not to remember.

MW. If I showed you a copy of an e-mail that he sent would that trigger anything?

RW. Ah, well come to mention it, he did contact me.

MW. Why did he come to you and not his direct Managers?

RW. He'd already reported to them and they had ignored him.

MW. So Mike had already raised issues with Geoff Platt & Mo Akhtar?

RW. Yes.

MW. OK, we'd better stick with the choosing not to remember line then.

RW. What about the complaint that he sent?

MW. Don't worry, Scott Fowler has implied that he nicked his own file so we're Ok there, and in any case, Mike's personnel file has been "lost" know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

RW. Right that's OK then........hang on didn't you say there was a copy of an e-mail?

Roger Mays. Oh, Bugger

& that would be this e-mail from grievance 1 (Oh look it's from Richard Watts)

From:   Watts Richard (EUR1RXW) 
Sent:   Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:46 PM
To:     Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW)
Cc:     Watts, Richard
Subject:        RE: Express Plus Failures
Mike,
Thanks for the info.
It is not that I do no appreciate the information but I would rather you bring it to me when I am at the Centre.
I will be in a better position to deal with it swiftly.
I will have to talk to Mo again when he gets back .
If I make the visit as planned on the 10th then we all need to sit down.
Thanks
-----Original Message-----
                        From:     Whitehead Mike (UKG2MXW) 
                        Sent:      Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:36 PM
                        To:  Watts, Richard
                        Subject: Express Plus Failures
                       
Richard

Re. Tim's earlier phone call.

2 Express plus packages were failed by David Shaw, fairly new driver, claims he didn't know the packages were on his van. The packages were on the back step, so he had to have loaded the packages himself. Normally I would have made sure that he knew they were there, however this morning I was dispatching Gary Morris, his first day out on his own, so I missed David. I have reviewed the timed delivery matrix with David and this is on his pittsburgh.

The other failure was Alan Sunter. I am waiting to review this with him when he gets back, though I don't think he should have been taking an express plus to Sheffield, he starts too late.

Contrary to Dean's instructions, I instructed Shayne not to key any exceptions to cover these failures. Nor did we dispatch on paper knowing that we would fail.

However I cannot win.

We either continue with integrity issues, or I ignore Mo's instructions not to send you e-mails when he's away.

Regds
Mike

i.e. we can talk and there will be no record of it.
Notice it says again after Mo.
So not the first time i'd contacted him.

Even stranger is the fact that when I spoke to Richard at Tamworth last year. He must have chosen to remember, because at that point, he said that he thought everything had been sorted out. Now why wasn't that followed up as I suggested to Roger Mays? (& that suggestion was made)


& a bit more on reporting accuracy, again from 1st grievance

Richard requesting accuracy
From:   Watts Richard (EUR1RXW) 
Sent:   Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:33 PM
To:     Broadhurst, John; Fowler, Scott; Hudson, Roy; McGuinness, Carl; Murphy, Moira; Platt, Geoff; Bailey, Mike; Brookes, Gavin; Coates, Duncan; Hollick, Mike; Houghton, Gavin; Jenkins, Tim; O'Donnell, Steve; Sinclair, Peter; Weir, Dean; Whitehead, Mike; Whitehurst, Mark; Wylie, Alan
Cc:     Watts, Richard
Subject:        Reporting of service failures
All
I need to remind all of you about the RULES relating to reporting service failures to me.
I must have the following information daily
1. Express plus failures by 1200 on the day of failure.
2. NDAS I would like by the end of business on the day but will accept first thing the next day.
3. Express service By 1000 the next day I must have the summary by driver sent to me. You should also be able to give me a figure on the day as all drivers should message in by 1200. Please review this to make sure this is in place.
In each of the above cases I need a description of what happened and what action we are going to take to avoid future occurences.
I see the same names day in day out and I am not aware of ANY discplinaries taking place this year which are service related.
With the NDA reporting I cannot accept that you do not know about these before the drivers return and that is why I should know on the day. This should be your aim but short term first thing next day will do.
These are three basic things I expect from you with immediate effect, please make arrangements from today.
Rgds
I am in meetings most of next week and then in Germany for two weeks after that, Geoff will be taking care of the division and I expect you to support him.
Thank you


Do as I say, not as I do

No comments:

Post a Comment